Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

a warm winter heart...


Hi there~  Thanks for visiting!  I have a project to share with you today that was made for ‘Craft-Dee BowZ‘. I’m happy to tell you that I’m on their design team!!  My first project was made with some lovely ribbons sent to me by Donna, the owner of Craft-Dee BowZ, in keeping with this challenge theme of ‘Winter’…

RebeccaDeeproseCraft-DeeBowZ-1

I began by cutting a panel of patterned paper to mount onto the card base, followed by a segment of a doily adhered to the top.  I cut three white ribbon banners with swallow-tail ends and adhered them to the card, the center ribbon banner just a bit lower than the ones on the sides.  Then I layered another ribbon banner made from a wide, turquoise organza ribbon, finished with the same swallow-tailed ends and placed in the center of the card.  I made a double bow with the same wide turquoise ribbon, cutting the tails on a single angle so they make a nearly straight line horizontally, when adhered to the card…

RebeccaDeeproseCraft-DeeBowZ-2

Before attaching the bow, I tied a silver tone snowflake charm with silver metallic embroidery floss around the ‘knot’ of the bow.  I do this after tying my bow.  By threading the floss  (0r twine, string, ribbon, yarn, etc. onto a yarn needle, I can slide the floss under the knot, tie it into a secure knot and then move the knot around to the back to hide it…

RebeccaDeeproseCraft-DeeBowZ-3

The sentiment was stamped with smokey grey ink on white vellum that was die cut into a sinuous ribbon shape.  The star of this card really is the double bow and if you follow my blog, you know how much I love ribbons!  While they are sometimes the supporting cast, it’s fun to design a card where ribbon shines, front and center!
Craft-Dee BowZ’s sells a bow tying tool that takes up very little room and does the job!  I have seen and tried other tools for bow making, but they took lots of space to store and/or cost a lot of money.  The one that Craft-Dee BowZ sells is compact and hangs on a hook within arms reach!  I just love it!!  I’m also a fan of the 3-M removable wall hooks!  I use them all around my crafting space because I can move them as needs change and they never damage the walls or furniture!  Such super products!!  Here’s where my Craft-Dee BowZ is kept, at my right elbow where I craft.  It’s time to re-align the hooks as you can see ;))  There is another favorite 3M product attached to my marker container.  It holds my magnifying glasses and it’s also removable!…

P1080408

Join us for the current ‘Winter’ themed challenge HERE.

((hugs)) and blessings,
Rebecca